2019 Kia Optima Sportswagon PHEV Review; Powerfull Plug-in Hybrid
The plug-in hybrid version of the 2019 Kia Optima Sportswagon PHEV has brio and a good autonomy in electric. But the battery steals room for Trunk.
The large family Kia Optima Sportswagon (486 cm length) is also offered in the Rechargeable hybrid version (plug-in), which promises 62 km of autonomy in electric. The car is equipped with a gasoline 2.0 (155 hp) and a 68 hp current engine: when they work together they deliver 205 horsepower. The electrical unit is powered by an 11.26 kWh lithium-ion battery, which regenerates in about seven hours by connecting the external connection to a domestic socket; Or within three hours to the public balusters. The Kia Optima Sportswagon 2.0 GDi automatic PHEV is already on sale and the only planned setting costs 45,750 euro (44,000 for the corresponding sedan version). The alloy rims of 17 “are standard, the Bizone air conditioner, the cruise control, the full LED headlamps, the Navigator, the leather seats with electrical and heating adjustments, the front and rear distance sensors, as well as seven years warranty (or 150,000 km) also On the electrical part. However, they are paid separately in the Platinum package (3,000 euro) security systems such as the involuntary lane change warning and automatic emergency braking, in addition to the indispensable camera: behind you see little.
2019 Kia Optima Sportswagon Redesign & Improvement
The cockpit of the Kia Optima Sportswagon does not shine for originality, but it is spacious and welcoming. In their simplicity, the finishes do not disappoint, except for the details of the economic invoice for a car of this price: one on all, the drawer in front of the front passenger without coating. The commands are ordering and the instrumentation does not lack information about the management of the hybrid system and the autonomy of the battery. Also clear the multimedia system, whose maps of the navigator provide seven years of free upgrades. The driver’s seat with all the electrical adjustments of the case and, as the sofa, heatable is comfortable. Nothing to fault as to the accessibility of the trunk, but the battery placed under the bottom has considerably reduced the capacity: from 552 liters of the version only to gasoline at 440 (sofa in use).
If the battery has sufficient charge the 2019 Kia Optima Sportswagon 2.0 GDi PHEV Automatic “part” and only moves with the electric motor, which has power and, above all, sufficient readiness to move with ease a wagon next to 1800 kg of weight. During the test in the city and out, with the half charge, we traveled 26 km before it ran out, leading to the start of the 2.0 gasoline. It must be said that the latter can enter into action even when it moves only to current is automatically if, for example, it exceeds 120 km/h, or by acting on the button between the seats.
With two engines running the New Kia Optima Sportswagon 2.0 GDi automatic PHEV has 205 hp and, without being sporty, has a nice Figlio. However, the steering is not very precise and the agility only discreet discourages too casual gaits. However, the car is stable, safe and gives the best of itself in the relaxed driving. They appreciate the fluidity of the two motors (their activation and deactivation are unnoticeable) and the sweetness of the automatic gearbox (even quick enough). Treated comfort, especially as regards the acoustic insulation of the cockpit while the absorption of the disconnections of the road is more than satisfactory.
Pros and Cons New Optima Hybrid
- The Cabin. Even for five people space is not lacking.
- Comfort. The car is well soundproofed and the absorption of the disconnections does not disappoint.
- warranty. Also for the electrical part, the cover is seven years or 150,000 km.
- Trunk. The capacity is reduced for such a large wagon.
- Steering. It is not the maximum of precision.
- rear visibility. is penalized by the small window.
New Kia Optima Specs
- Cubic Capacity cm3 1999
- No cylinders and 4 arrangement in line
- Maximum power KW (Hp)/rpm 115 (155)/6000 rpm
- Torque Max Nm/rpm 189/4000
- Maximum power KW (Hp)/rpm 50 (68)/2330-3330
- Torque Max Nm/rpm 205/0-2330
- Total Power KW (HP)/rpm 151 (205)/6000
CO2 emission grams/km 33
Distribution 4 valves per cylinder
No gear ratio 6 (automatic) + Reverse Gear
Front wheel drive
Front brakes self-ventilating discs
Rear Brake Discs
performance & Acceleration ;
- Maximum speed (km/h) 192
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s) 9.7
- Average consumption (km/L) 71.4
2019 Kia Optima Dimensions
- Length/width/height cm 486/186/147
- Wheelbase CM 281
- Weight in running order kg 1740
- Luggage capacity lliters440/N.D.
- Tires (standard) 215/55 R17
Incoming search terms:
- kia optima sportswagon phev
- kia optima sportswagon phev 2019
- kia optima sportswagon phev review 2019
- kia optima sw phev
- kia optima phev reviews
- kia optima sportwagon phev 2019
- kia optima phev 2019
- test kia optima plug in ybride 2019
- Kea Optima Spacwagan PHEV Reviews
- CONNECTIONS ON KIA PHEV