The automatic transmission enhances the comfort qualities of the new 2019 Mazda CX-5. The equipment is rich and the finishes are cured: Only a few details are improved in the cockpit.
2019 Mazda CX-5 Previews, Prices, Specs
A few weeks ago we had driven a preview of the new 2019 Mazda CX-5, magazine in the bodywork and interiors, more than in mechanics: On that occasion, on the roads around Florence we had the opportunity to test the 2.2 turbo diesel with the 175 horsepower engine and the six-speed manual gearbox (read the first contact here). Now is the turn of the automatic version (with the same number of reports), the most demand with the same thruster: The price difference is 2,000 euros, well spent if you consider the advantages of this transmission in terms of stress reduction and driving comfort. Already open orders in dealerships.
The test version is the richest in the range of the new 2019 Mazda CX-5, which for Italy today foresees two petrol variants and three diesel fuels. For the first, the two-litre direct injection engine is declined in two power levels: 165 horses for the front wheel drive version (only in the basic evolution, at 28,150 Euro) and 160 for 4×4, with prices from 31,750 euro (the richest exceed and exclusive cost respectively 34,100 and 36,400 euro). In September it will debut an unreleased 2.5 petrol from 194 horsepower, with deactivation of two of the four cylinders when low power is required in order to reduce consumption. This unit will be combined exclusively with AWD integral traction and automatic gearbox: 37,100 euros for the exceed and 40,250 for the exclusive. Two, instead, the “sizes” for the 2.2 turbo diesel: 150 horsepower, in conjunction with the front wheel drive (30,150 euros for the evolve, 33.80 for exceed) or the integral one (from 33,750 to 38,400 euro, in this case also in the exclusive setting); The 175 CV version, however, can only be chosen in the two richest variants, at 36,700 or 39,850 euros. The automatic transmission costs 2,000 euros and you can have for almost all versions: Exceptions are the 2.0 gasoline evolve and the 2.2 turbo diesel exceeds front wheel drive.
All the new 2019 Mazda CX-5 fittings include alloy rims (starting from 17 “), the dark rear glasses, the cruise control with speed limiter, the LED headlamps (a matrix of LEDs those of the exceed and the exclusive, while the evolution in the homonymous package from 1,300 euros can have those with automatic orientation in corners). On board, both the multimedia system with a touch screen of 7 inches and navigator and the “climate” bizone with humidity sensor are standard. For safety there is no shortage of automatic emergency braking at low speed with recognition of pedestrians and, depending on the equipment, radars for monitoring the blind angle of the rear-view mirrors and detecting incoming vehicles while leaving a parking lot in reverse: the evolution has them in the same package, while for the others are standard. The latter also have the I-Antisense pack (850 euros for the evolve): includes automatic braking also in reverse, the driver’s fatigue detector, the “back” and the front camera to report accidental exits from the running lane and to recognize signs with speed limits and overtaking bans. The automatic braking from high speeds, as well as the adaptive cruise control, are instead reserved to the exclusive or the exceed with the cruise package (850 euro), which also includes the head-up display.
2019 Mazda CX-5 First Drive
All these devices were present in the 2019 Mazda CX-5 2.2 D Exclusive AWD of our test. That, as mentioned, was also equipped with the automatic gearbox, well assorted with the 2.2: the passages are fluid (pity, however, that the paddles behind the wheel for manual selection of the marches, ordered instead in Japan). The Brio is discreet: credible the 9.5 seconds declared by the house for the “0-100”, while the 13 km/liter beds on the board computer after 150 km of tests (on roads of all kinds, but at fairly quiet places) are far from the homologation date of 17.2 km/L. On the mixed, this SUV proves to be quite soft and enticing to a relaxed ride. In reverse, instead, there is to be reckoned with a rear visibility not impeccable because of the small window and the thick risers on its sides; However, as mentioned, the exclusive and exceed are standard in the rear room, in addition to the distance sensors (even front) that are also present in the evolve with the package homonym. The cockpit is well finished, but some plastics with a resigned appearance, such as those of the storage drawer in front of the front passenger and the lower part of the console, are in tune. In addition, the “climate” controls are too low: they risk being distracted.
2019 Mazda CX-5 Pros and Cons
- Comfort. The suspensions filter well the irregularities of the asphalt and the soundproofing is improved compared to the previous model.
- supplied. The basic version is already well equipped. On that of the test, then, nothing was missing.
- engine/gearbox. Both are appreciated for the regularity of operation, which emphasizes the good comfort of the car.
- “climate” commands. They are a little too low: they are likely to distract from the guide.
- details. Some details, such as the drawer plastics in front of the passenger and the lower area of the console, are in tune with respect to the plank and the rest of the cockpit.
- rear visibility. True that the camera is standard, but it would be better to see well from the rear window.
2019 Mazda CX-5 Specifications
- Cubic capacity cm3 2191
- No cylinders and 4 arrangement in line
- Maximum power kw (CV)/rpm 129 (175)/4500 rpm
- Torque max nm/RPM 420/2000
- CO2 emission grams/km 152
- Distribution 4 valves per cylinder
- No gear ratio 6 (automatic) + Reverse Gear
- Full traction
- Front brakes self-ventilating discs
- Rear Brake Discs
The declared performance
- Maximum speed (km/h) 206
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h (s) 9.5
- Average consumption (km/L) 17.2
2019 Mazda CX-5 Dimensions
- Length/width/height cm 456/184/168
- Wheelbase CM 270
- Weight in running order kg 1535
- Storage capacity Liters 506/1620
- Tires (standard) 225/55 R19
Incoming search terms:
- mazda cx5 dimensions
- mazda cx-5
- mazda cx 5 dimensions 2019
- mazda cx-5 dimensions 2019
- 2020 mazda cx-5 sport auto specs
- MAZDA CX 5 2020
- 2019 mazda cx-5 rear hatch opening measurments
- maxda cx5 dimensions
- mazda cx-5 complaints problems