2018 Mazda 2 Review, Pros and Cons
2018 Mazda 2 Review
The 2018 Mazda 2 with 1.5 diesel from 105 HP, personal and dynamic shapes adds the low fuel consumption at driving characteristics of petrol versions appreciated. Well supported by efficient system Stop & Start (that’s called i-Stop), the new four-cylinder allowed our testers to exceed on average 20 km/l. Consumption aside, it’s an engine that pushes vigorously at all engine speeds, offering a good extension and is not felt too (except in acceleration). Modern and sophisticated, the cabin is nice, but doesn’t offer much room for those sitting behind. Modest trunk capacity. The series Evolves has six airbags, steering with variable support and cruise control. The Exceed (2,650 euro extra) adds, among other things, full led headlamps, automatic braking in town and the notice of involuntary change lanes.
The sinuous lines and the low frontal damage personality and grit to the Mazda 2 that, urban locations, is lithe and a little tiring (ben operated the change). Out of town, the car is appreciated for the high road holding, for brio for acceleration and for suspension, limiting body roll when cornering. Weak and strong, however, the brakes. Roomy in the front, the Interior is cozy and well finished: the plastics are rigid, but they look nice, especially in the red and white coloration of the test version (Fashion Pack). Less airy (also because of small Windows) places behind, without also handles the ceiling and pockets in the doors. The multimedia system MZD Connect (1,500 euros in package Evolves), with the Navigator and the color screen of 7 “, is the interface with your smartphone, has access to the internet and can be controlled with the jog wheel between the front seats or in voice. The driving position is comfortable; the Chair, as the steering wheel, it has wide range of adjustment. Inaccurate, though, the jerky backrest adjustment. In the Euro NCAP impact tests carried out in 2015 (the European organisation that assesses the safety of cars) the 2018 Mazda 2 has popped a good score: four stars, out of a possible five.
2018 Mazda 2 Review Interior
The main controls of the 2018 Mazda 2 are at the right place; clearly visible and easy to operate even those behind the wheel. Sporting the dash, with large central speedometer and two digital tools at the sides (which, however, they’re not very readable). The cockpit is comfortable enough for four adults, but not so for five: on the couch not much legroom and even in width. You can’t define fuller and, moreover, the compartment access and do not have a regular shape (a folded sofa creating a step). Not bad, however, finishes.
Test Drive New Mazda 2
They appreciate the agility of the 2018 Mazda 2, good maneuverability, the lightness of steering and clutch. And suspension “protect” enough the back passengers. In reverse, the visibility is not bad, but it’s better to use the rear distance sensors (550 euros, in Fashion package).
Out of town. On winding roads (especially if faced with the decision) the car puts on the plate good overall balance: fits in corners with a moderate understeer, always easy to handle. And, if you do not overdo it with the throttle, low power consumption allow a high autonomy.
On the highway. At constant pace is comfortable and little noisy: a 130 km/h, in sixth, 1.5 does not exceed 2200 rpm, and there is only the rolling of tires. Practical and efficient cruise control with speed limiter. Having to resume quickly, though, the fifth and sixth to climb long March.
New Mazda 2 Pros and cons
- Consumption. The average distance measured puts it among the best I have ever felt. In particular, the result stands out in the city.
- Guide. The car has a genuine behavior: is nimble, has a light steering and a sweet Exchange.
- Line. Is well proportioned but with a sporty character that gives it a lot of personality.
- Engine. Drives well, has a smooth dispensing and makes little noise. The Stop and Start working effectively.
- Trunk. It’s not big and it has the high threshold. Opening and compartment are somewhat irregular.
- Brakes. Arrest spaces are not reduced. And, after some intense braking, the system loses efficiency.
- Located behind. For adult passengers, the space on the couch isn’t much to look at. Moreover, they lack the handles in the ceiling and the storage compartments in the doors.
- Driver’s seat. The backrest is adjustable in inclination just jerky: the accuracy suffers.